Common Market Antics


How great when I get to do what I love to do (I think we know what that is), and discover a wonderful hang-out in the process.

The  Common Market (in the Camden area of Charlotte) is one of those places you used to hear about in the old days.  A little store, selling coffee, snacks and whole food type goodies that seems to have evolved into a lively neighborhood hangout.  I don't know if that is the way it happened, but it has that feeling. Business casual collides with bohemian here.  And 'regulars' abound.

Initially, for me, this morning, it was just a coffee stop while I waited for the sun to position itself for an urban painting I'd been wanting to do.  A quick peek onto their patio and the next thing you know, I'm taking my coffee and easel outside to paint.

The ownership (Chuck) and staff was more than happy for me to homestead during the lunch break.

I left with a painting, some chicken salad and an slice of amaretto strawberry cheesecake.   And I shall return.


Comments

Popular Posts