A few days in Savannah



I remembered how much I really loved Savannah. Like Charleston, but with a darker edge. Tom and I toured some historic homes, got our quota of seafood at the CrabShack (we got a LowCountry Boil...a platter piled to my own height in shellfish, corn on the cob, potatoes!).




But the most fun part, of course, was the morning I spent on the corner of Albercorn and Broughton (not under a streetlight kind of corner). It is so much fun to be a part of the town-life for a few hours. Passer-bys would return to see my progress, parents would instruct their children, "see, honey, this is what a painter does."


I didn't even mind the comments: "Can you do this for a living?" or "I have an Aunt who paints. But she's really good." (My friend, Kathy Buist reminded me of the t-shirt)

We stayed at The Marshall House...just a few steps from this street corner. I highly recommend the get-away!

Comments

Popular Posts