A Saturday In Mooresville


Mooreville sponsored a recent paint-out. Artists have their blank canvases stamped that morning, the return a few hours later with their completed responses to the day.

They are to be painted on-location and quickly framed, and exhibited for judging. Dee Beard, a wonderful, plein-aire painter was the judge.

This one, "Back Roads" won 2nd place.


Earlier that same day, I painted the great Mooresville icon, "What-A-Burger."


Been craving one of those burgers ever since.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on the win with "Back Roads." And "What-A-Burger" once again slays me.

    I'm gonna have to avoid this site for a little while, though -- I've got a commission to do a street scene of Knoxville, and every time I come here I end up revising it to try to look like your latest picture.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts